Thursday, August 2, 2018

Here we go.... Again.... :)

Almost a decade after I'd quit writing on my personal blog space and after a recent decision to take huge break from my teaching career, I was in search of  a spark. The very spark which had ignited the themes for many poems and short stories, the younger me had written those days. I wouldn't call them 'the good old days', because as a mommy of five now, I am cent percent sure that life could not have been better than this and that it is going to be marvellous when they grow up.

Even though dear ones never ceased to encourage me about putting up another blog, I wasn't sure about what I would want to write in it. This is when a certain photograph of a painting reaches me by Whatsapp. The watercolour picture of our little Teddy (whom we had when we were still in school) brought back to me, the memories of those days when I nursed innocent dreams and was brimming with them.

 I was in the sixth grade when I discovered my passion for writing and it was the very same year my parents brought our little dachshund puppy, mainly to get rid of our fear for dogs. It took awhile for my brother and me to get accustomed to the wriggly little thing, who'd go around the house peeing everywhere (before he was trained) and chewing on rubber slippers and his toys. Soon, I was writing short mystery stories in which a certain duo named Tessy and Teddy would solve local mysteries like in the popular children's fictional novels those days. Since my surname was Thomas and the dog had to have a rhyming one, we were Tessy Thomas n Teddy Cactus😁 . 

I got my first library membership when I was in the seventh grade. Almost every week I would bring home a stack of books. Though not very talented, I used to love drawing and painting. I loved those little boxes of water colour cakes. I loved playing music on my cassette player and singing along with it, and was a huge fan of anyone who could sing and draw well. 


Fabulous were my childhood days when I dreamt about my own set of children's books.... the days when I was not too afraid to experiment... the days when I dared to step into the kitchen and experiment there as well...


Years later, I find the bits and pieces of my old self all over my house... the scribblings and drawings on the walls.... the little bunny Benjamin.... the loose sheets pf papers and old notebooks full with amateur art and even little love-you-amma-appa etc notes... the list is loooooong....


Growing up, I never had the luxury of owning a camera. The memories I cherish are however precious and this space is going to be about that and this and lots more......💕


3 comments: